The HHF Funding Program
Thank you for your interest in the HHF Funding Program. Before completing the application, please review the eligibility requirements and guidelines below to ensure that your project relates to these key funding priorities.
There are two ways to submit your request to us:
You may fill out our Online Application Form by CLICKING HERE
You may also fax or mail our printable Application Form. DOWNLOAD FORM
Application forms may be faxed to (416) 447-7108. You may also fill out the application and email it to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, contact us by phone at (416) 447-7107.
Who can apply for funding?
Applications will be considered from registered charities and non-profit organizations in Canada.
To be further eligible, projects must align with the HHF’s mandate, which is:
“To preserve, promote and advance Hellenic language, education, culture and heritage in Canada”
and meet the following application requirements and timelines below.
The type of projects eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conferences, symposiums, lectures, workshops
- Educational programs, exchanges, competitions
- Educational material, products and services
- Cultural programs, exchanges and events (such as theatre productions, exhibits, concerts)
- Historical initiatives and events
- Research and dissemination of information
- Pilot projects (supporting language, education, heritage, culture)
What are the application requirements?
To be considered for funding, all applicants must provide the following information and documentation:
- Date of application
- Name of organization
- Charitable Registration Number or Business Number
- Contact information (phone, email, address of organization and key contact)
- Statement of your organization’s mandate, history and accomplishments
- Description of the project for which you are requesting funding
- Date, location, size and audience of project
- Describe how the project aligns/advances the HHF’s mandate
- Describe the expected outcome and benefit(s) of the project
- Project budget showing anticipated expenses and income
- List of any other committed or approached donors/sponsors
- Indicate whether prior HHF funding has been requested/given to your organization
- Most recent organization financial statement
- List of Board Directors and/or Volunteer Committee Members
- Other relevant information
What is the process and timelines?
All applicants should submit their funding request by completing the Application Form available on our website: www.hhf.ca.
Applications are evaluated by the HHF Finance and Operations Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. Applicants may also be requested to participate in a phone or in-person interview/presentation in support of their application.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will need to submitted at least 4 months prior to the proposed event date or initiative launch date in order to receive proper consideration.
The HHF will endeavour to complete the process within 4 months of the submission date, unless circumstances require a longer evaluation period. Requests for major project funding may be further reviewed by the HHF Endowments & Projects Committee on a larger time frame.
All Applicants will be informed of the HHF’s decision in writing.
MAKE A DONATION
Share the Hellenic culture and heritage with the broader Canadian community, reinforcing both its accomplishments and contributions.
Want to become a member?Want to volunteer?Click here for more information.
Please call to schedule an appointment prior to visiting.